Thursday, August 13, 2015

HELLO AGAIN

Well. Let's just say it's been a while. A long while.

For those of you who actually read this blog, you guys are awesome, loyal, cool people! Much love for all of you <3

I kind of forgot that I had this thing for the past year and never ended up writing anything on it. Whoops. I hope to write more consistently on here this coming school year, just to keep you guys up to date on big events in my life that may or may not have anything to do with my YouTube/Instagram/other sparkfireproductions stuff. ;)

To say the least, this past year has been a bit crazy. School was okay—not too bad, but still pretty bad. I'm always really busy during the school year with homework and studying and yearbook and dance and other extracurriculars, so I always seem to have a tough time actually making videos, at least during the first semester. By the time January comes along, I tend to have a better hold on everything. Hopefully it'll be the same (or even better) this year.

My summer was also pretty busy—busier than normal, anyway. I usually have at least a month of free time, where I literally don't have to do anything, where I can just sit on my butt for 30 days of my life without accomplishing a single thing (or of course I could make some videos). Well, not this year. We had a guest staying at our house for two-and-a-half weeks in June, before which I was studying for the chem SAT (fun stuff, man). And two days after she left, what did my family do?

Well, we left for Europe, of course. We visited Ireland for a week, then went to Belgium to visit family and celebrate my oldest cousin's wedding. And when the wedding was over, I went with a bunch of family members to Amsterdam. It was a blast, but a busy blast.

Three days after I got home, I attended yearbook camp for my school for a week. Every year, my school's yearbook editors go to this camp to meet with yearbook staff from other schools and to come up with our plan for the next year's book. There's a competition to see which school has the best plan, and this year, my school won first place, which was absolutely crazy, especially since we had never won before.

And now I'm here, trying to enjoy the last few days of summer before it ends and I go back to school. Not excited about that. Really not excited about that.

These last few days (despite the fact that I have umpteen thousand summer assignments to worry about), I've been working on a stopmotion for you guys. I know Infinite's supposed to be going on too, but don't worry, I'm going to continue the series as soon as I'm done with this video. I never meant for it to be very long, but so far it's actually 8 minutes! I can't wait to get it up for you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment